A Message from Superintendent, Valerie M. Donnan, Ed.D.
As a former assistant superintendent for one of the member districts, it is my pleasure to serve as Superintendent of the Special Education District of Lake County (SEDOL). SEDOL has a rich history of over fifty-five (55) years dedicated to providing the best possible education for students with physical, mental, and emotional challenges. The primary Mission of SEDOL is to provide “Exceptional Services for Exceptional Students.”
SEDOL’s special education service professionals firmly believe that:
- All persons shall be valued and treated with respect and dignity;
- All students can succeed;
- Students shall be educated in or as close to their home school as appropriate;
- Students shall be provided services based upon their individual needs;
- Quality educational services shall be made available to all students; and
- Schools, families, and communities shall work cooperatively to provide and promote appropriate educational services for all students.
As Superintendent it is my job to ensure the best of educational opportunities for students who experience unique challenges regarding their learning. I value and seek out consistent feedback to be able to shape specialized programs based on student needs. Please take the opportunity to share your thoughts or your concerns. I can be contacted anytime by email at email@example.com. If you need immediate assistance, please feel free to contact my administrative assistant, Sara Martinez, at 847-986-2319 or firstname.lastname@example.orgSincerely,Valerie M. Donnan, Ed.D.Superintendent